You aren't good enough. You shouldn't be in Cyber. WRONG.
Here are 5 articles to help you deal with Imposter Syndrome.
Cyber security is a sea of information. There is too much to learn it all, which makes us feel like we aren't good enough, or even sometimes a fraud. This is called Imposter Syndrome.
Here are 5 great articles to help understand and deal with it.
1. Mastering Imposter Syndrome (Lisa Ventura, Security Consultant)
2. Defense in Depth: Imposter Syndrome - CISO Series
3. Dissecting Imposter Syndrome (Dr. Dawn Beyer, Lockheed Martin)
4. How to Combat Imposter Syndrome in Cyber Security
5. Women in Tech Beat Imposter Syndrome (NC State University)
You ARE good enough. Even if you doubt yourself, know that you can be a strong asset to an organization. Don't let anyone stop you.
Want to work with me? There are 4 Ways I can help:
1. If you want to break into Cyber, I can help you. Click here to talk.
2. If you are already in Cyber but stuck, let's talk. ⬆
3. Sign up for my weekly cyber career tips email at the top of this page.
4. If your organization needs a security provider that rates in the Top 250 in the United States (Pentesting, vCISO services, Security Assessments), let's talk. My PMs are always open. I'll hook you up with Appalachia Technologies.
It's in your hands now. No more excuses. Go chase it. Which one are you going to jump on first?